The last two and a half weeks have been absolutely crazy.
With great enthusiasm I embarked on this my new venture, reading a new book on my way to Rome with some family members. The book is by Timothy Ferris and titled The 4 Hour Work Week – Escape the 9-5, live anywhere and join the new rich. You might ask, how can a serious Dinosaur like me contemplate to buy a book with such a horrendous claim in its title?
Reading the book on the plane on my iPhone, and the following days in Rome on my iPad I got completely hooked. So much that I woke up in the middle of the nights and spent the early mornings reading and working on it, before sightseeing with the family.
Ferris project is to increase your personal output working fewer hours in your One-Person Company, so you can take mini retirements of 1-3 months duration once in a while and pursue special hobbies or travel to exotic places. The increased output is not achieved by working harder, but by working much smarter and using the many opportunities in this new world to get others to do a lot of the work.
I got so many ideas for new One-Person Companies and how to do it, I nearly drowned, which is quite the opposite of flying. But I am managing my time much better now and much more focused on what is important for me.
More in my next post.
Yours Dino, Jens
Actions for Dinosaurs
- Read your books on Kindle, where you can access the book from all units SmartPhone, Tablet and Computer, highlight passages, make notes to the text and access a dictionary for difficult words. Plus you can have your whole library with you for reference. I read my book on an iPhone during the flight and on an iPad in our apartment.
- Use the app Evernote to organize all your notes, sites, useful information, documents and pictures and have it all accessible from SmartPhone, Tablet and Computer with a very effective search function. I have started organizing everything regarding this project on Evernotes
- When you use Kindle for literature and Evernotes for collected information you have everything on your devices and can take your whole office with you, and work wherever you are, e.g. Rome!
- If you want the real picture, buy Ferris’ book, The 4 hour work week and visit his site http://www.fourhourworkweek.com.
- If not, you can follow my take on his ideas in future posts